- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience with manufacturing process engineering.
- Ability to interpret customer drawings, work instructions, in-process control plans and understand GD&T.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience using CAD systems Master Cam, Unigraphics, SolidWorks or similar.
- Ability to create/design work holding/fixturing and designate tool selection.
- Ability to sequence process parts to achieve quality and meet financial objectives.
- Strong trouble shooting ability for work holding, tool selection and machining approach.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a CNC machining or fabrication environment.
Duties & Expectations:
- Create BOM’s, routings, item masters and store related data in ERP system. Maintain proper sequence and flow downs.
- Conduct contract review on all new parts utilizing proper documentation. Provide material requirements to purchasing.
- Analyze print, specifications, and requirements to create the most efficient manufacturing process for a part.
- Interact with customers on technical items such as clarification of drawings, specifications, and design improvement ideas.
- Understand customer requirements as they are imposed and their effect on each job.
- Work with production on resolving process related issues.
- Create process drawings as required.
- Create and help design fixtures and work holdings to support production or quality.
- Support repeat jobs as needed.
- Support estimating when needed in regards to process or drawing/tolerance concerns.
- Manage flow down of all internal, customer, and regulatory requirements to vendors.
- Assist with internal and external corrective actions.
- Maintain a positive attitude and punctuality.
- Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Willing to work in a team environment and interact with departmental and supplier personnel as required.
- Identify when applicable, continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics.